Burroughs on the Aliens
He listed the objectives and characteristics of the aliens . . .
1. They support any dogmatic religious system that tends to stupefy and degrade the worshippers. They support the Slave Gods. They want blind obedience, not intelligent assessment. They stand in the way of every increase in awareness. They only conceded a round earth and allowed the development of science to realize the even more stupefying potential of the Industrial Revolution.
2. They support any dogmatic authority. They are the arch-conservatives.
3. They lose no opportunity to invert human values. They are always self-righteous. They have to be right because in human terms they are wrong. Objective assessment drives them to hysterical frenzy.
4. They are parasitic. They live in human minds and bodies.1
- http://redstateson.blogspot.com/2005/09/aliens.html [↩]